Zen & Motorcycles


A good friend of mine, who never rode a big motorcycle before, bought my Yamaha Super Teneré 750cc a few months ago. I loved that bike, we had many great trips together, and I'm so glad it is with him. You see, I got him into the crazy world, the motorcycle world, and who knows, maybe one day he will become a real Adventure Rider (www.advrider.com) and we can do a long-way-round kinda trip together. I'm glad he is taking it slowly though. Big bikes are a little tricky at first.

Anyhow, I'm also very happy that I now own a BMW 1100 GS, my old-dream bike, and I'm already planning to take it to the road on a long trip, maybe take it to the salt flats at Atacama Desert in Chile! So, that brings us to the real reason of this post:

This friend, who bought my old bike, has given me a book called "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". Of course I have heard about it before. The title always enticed me to read it, but, one of these things, I never did.

He gave me the book a few months ago, but I didnt have the chance to finally start reading it. Its crazy how hectic life can be, when even finding some free-time to just read a book becomes a luxury... Well, I finally started reading it, and, may I say it, its GREAT. Of course, the philosophical stuff is good, but thats not what I like the most. Its the father-son relationship thing and the motorcycle-travel-mechanics-related stuff, its simply too close to what I like to do!

I didn't finish it yet, but I'm glad to have finally the opportunity to read this book and I recomend it.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Upgrading La Esperanza - Part 4 of 4

Clínica de Oncologia Pediátrica em Brasília

The Culmination of Brazilian Modernity